Today I’ve been dealing with my mobile phone Sony Ericsson K550 (by Movistar Chile) to get my gmail mail account working, after an hour I had success :)
Well, I’ll show you the steps that I carried out…
- Go to Messaging ->Email -> Settings -> New Account.
- Account Name: Anytext that help you indentify your account. In my case, I put “brange”.
- Email Alert: Message Alert 1.
- Connect Using: WAP MOVISTAR
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connection Type: IMAP4
- Incomming Server: imap.gmail.com
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: ********* (My password)
- Outgoing Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Advanced Setting:
- Your Name: Alvaro Brange
- Signature: Enviado desde un teléfono móvil. (I have in Spanish this message)
- Download S&R: Up to size limit
- Check Interval: 4 h
- Push email: Off
- Allow connection: Home Network
- Copy Outgoing: Off
- Encriptation: Incomming Server: SSL, Outgoing Server: TLS
- Outg Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outg Password: **** (My gmail password)
- Incomming Port: 993
- Outgoing Port: 587
If you have some issues when try to send mail from your phone, maybe is because you need install a certificate. You have 2 choice.
- Download it directly from you mobile. I did it. Go to Internet and enter a address: http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/support/rootcert/getrootcert.cer
- Download the file in your PC and then, transfer it to your phone and install/open it.
More information about certificates: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=52872