I was curious about vision and mission statements of companies that I like and see how they are compared with my own vision that I have of all these. Here is my selection:
An aspirational description of what an organization would like to achieve or accomplish in the mid-term or long-term future. It is intended to serves as a clear guide for choosing current and future courses of action.
A written declaration of an organization’s core purpose and focus that normally remains unchanged over time. Properly crafted mission statements (1) serve as filters to separate what is important from what is not, (2) clearly state which markets will be served and how, and (3) communicate a sense of intended direction to the entire organization.
A mission is different from a vision in that the former is the cause and the latter is the effect; a mission is something to be accomplished whereas a vision is something to be pursued for that accomplishment.
- Mission: “To accelerate the advent of sustainable transport by bringing compelling mass market electric cars to market as soon as possible”.
I liked this one and make sense with company products
- Mission: “Give people access to all the music they want all the time – in a completely legal & accesible way”
Spotify mission reflect what they do. Accessible music without need to deal with legal issues.
- Vision: “To provide access to the world’s information in one click.”
- Mission: “to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
Despite it sounds too general, Google allows you get access to content with just some clicks.
- Mission: “To give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.”
I used to love Skype, now I feel that have decreased their quality as a whole.
- Vision: “Our vision for Skype has always been to build the world’s largest communications business and revolutionize the ease with which people can communicate through the Internet” -Zennstrom, CEO of Skype
- Vision: “Our vision is to be earth’s most customer centric company; to build a place where people can come to find and discover anything they might want to buy online.”
Apple (Steve Jobs)
- Mission: “To make a contribution to the world by making tools for the mind that advance humankind”.
- Mission: “To give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers”.
- Mission: Our mission is simple: “To connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.”
Sprout Farmers Market
“At Sprouts, we don’t have a mission statement—we have a passion statement”
- Passion statement: “We believe healthy living is a journey and every meal is a choice. We love to inspire, educate and empower every person to eat healthier and live a better life”.
- Vision: “People working together as a global enterprise for aerospace industry leadership”.
- Vision: “Becoming the best global entertainment distribution service.
Licensing entertainment content around the world.
Creating markets that are accessible to film makers.
Helping content creators around the world to find a global audience.”
Banana Republic (Gap)
- Mission: “be the world’s favorite for American style.”
This statement is no so specific and could lead to lose their focus.
- Mission: “Virgin America is a California-based airline that is on a mission to make flying good again, with brand new planes, attractive fares, top-notch service, and a host of fun, innovative amenities that are reinventing domestic air travel.”
- Values: “Dedication to every client’s success. Innovation that matters, for our company and for the world. Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships.”
- Mission: “At Sony, our mission is to be a company that inspires and fulfills your curiosity”.
- Vision: “Across the world, in all the entertainment and communication sectors in which we operate, every Sony employee is united through a common set of beliefs, ideals and aspirations”.
“Create software to boosts individual productivity”
This is the company where I work.
- Mission: “Our mission is to create and provide insurance for the modern world”.